Schill & Seilacher are manufacturers of speciality chemicals in Germany. We are the UK representative for their Paper Chemicals Division for the supply of Functional Coatings to Paper & Board manufacturers and converters.
These coatings are water-based dispersions which are recyclable, repulpable and environmentally friendly and are designed to replace non-recyclable synthetic coatings such as PE and PVDC.
They act as film-formers and are mainly applied as surface treatments or by lamination to achieve the following levels of performance :-
- Water Barrier Cobb 1800’’ Preferably 0 g/m2
- Water Vapour Barrier WVD 24 hours (DIN 53122) 5-20 g/m2
- Grease, Oil & Solvent Resistance Kit 8-12
- Non-Slip Coatings Slip Angle Above 45°<
- Flame Retardants DIN4102 Class B1, B2 / MOM Class 1
Other specialities including adhesives, cold seal, heat seal and mechanical protection coatings (with barrier properties) are also available.
Schill & Seilacher support their customers with a comprehensive test laboratory which includes Dynamic Contact Angle equipment and a pilot paper machine in order to be able to replicate most coating processes.